Saturday, February 20, 2010

Went to the gym this morning and did the treadmill and spin class.

Then came home and had egg whites (buy them in the store in a carton) and broccoli buds and salsa. I cooked them in a skillet and then ate them. It was pretty good. The egg whites make you think you are getting more food than you really are. The broccoli mixed in there got rid of 2 veggie servings. It is tough eating all the veggies you are suppose to for one day. I used the Jack salsa from costco. It helps to flavor things up. Basically the whole thing is scambled eggs minus the yoke with salsa and broccoli buds thrown in. I get the big bag of broccoli at costco. I am also cooking a pot of it and putting it in the fridge so it is ready to go.

Yesterday I stuck to the plan but it was emotionally very difficult. I hate having to write down what I eat. But every mouthful got written down and let me tell you there are not enough lines in the booklet they gave us. I wonder if they are trying to tell us something about portions and quantitiy? HA

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Bonnie. I have to use a loose leaf notebook to write down my food. That way I have no limits on space and I can track exercise at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to buy the egg whites in a carton, then it bugged me how expensive they are so I just buy the regular carton of eggs, and separate the yolk and just cook the egg whites. Two egg whites equal one full egg. I like to whip up four egg whites and add fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, and a few crumbles mission chips and then cook it all like an omelet and then cover it with homemade salse. I'm getting a lot of veggies that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas for those egg whites. I've never had just egg whites. I'm going to give it a try. I made a quinoa salad for dinner this evening. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. Where do go for a spinning class, Bonnie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the food ideas!! We are all looking for new and exciting ways to switch up our food :)

    ReplyDelete